TELx Council Election 1: Validators

Preferred Name and Country: Mike McNearney, USA
Wallet Address: 0x5ea52e2269eb71413cC1be9Db12230A915E254D1
Social Media:
Telcoin Discord username AnalogMike
Twitter @mikemcnearney
Specializations
Ecosystem: I proudly claim to be the very first liquidity provider of TEL/ETH on Uniswap in 2020. Parker and I went on to create multiple pools on Ethereum mainnet and then originated pools on Balancer. I have always been an LP in the TEL ecosystem and maintain positions in the current TELx pools, as well as some TEL pools outside of the TELx ecosystem.

How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community?
I learned of Telcoin pre-ICO in 2017 and have known the CEO since 1975, lol. I participated in the ICO and have been a big supporter of Telcoin since. I currently am Telcoin’s Chief Happiness Officer aka the CHO, and assist the company with investor relations, fund raising, and occasional product testing. I participated in several Telcoin Telegram communities in the past but have not been active on telegram or discord in quite a while.

What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?

I have a strong interest in the Telcoin liquidity ecosystem and have been a participant in TEL pools since Uniswap was still flashing warning skull and crossbones on their splash page in early 2020. I have a good understanding of how decentralized finance works and have some suggestions for improving swap liquidity, and have run several positive Uniswap V3 experiments to demonstrate this.

Why should you be selected?

I have a passion for Telcoin, the ecosystem, and the equity holders of Telcoin and will represent them all to the best of my ability.

Why are you running for this position?

It seems the natural progression to maintain my voice and input into an ecosystem that I am so heavily committed too, both financially and emotionally.

What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?

I have a multitude of experience in TELx, as well as many other DeFi platforms and blockchains and feel that I can assist in keeping Telcoin relevant and ahead of the curve.

What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?

I would like to increase TVL and Telcoin app swap liquidity. I will propose a share of TEL issuance to Uniswap V3 pools for 2 reasons. 1) Decrease swap dependency on single DEX (90+% Balancer) 2) Incentivize LPs to concentrate liquidity around the strike price, thus increasing swap liquidity and allowing for better price execution for larger trades.

How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?

I will work for strength of ecosystem in ways that are always focused on the Telcoin customer, from better UI/UX to the best possible swap/remit execution on the planet.

How will you keep your constituency informed?

I will have to get more active on Discord, and am commited to do so if elected.

How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?
As much time is needed. I anticipate daily check ins and occasional bursts of activity. I’ll give it up to an hour a day, if needed, to start and see how it goes. But am willing to commit as much as necessary to ensure a great end user experience and vibrant Telcoin ecosystem.

4 Likes