TELx Council Election 1: Stakers

Apply Now

Submit the following candidate information and application to be considered for a TELx Council position by Stakers in the next election.

Candidate Information: Submit the following information about yourself.

• Preferred Name and Country: Preferred name and location
  • Wallet Address: Wallet address used to be used in Council member voting.
    • Note: By submitting your wallet address you are sharing the ownership and transaction history for the entire world to see and associate with you. Only submit an address you are comfortable sharing publicly.
  • Social Media: Telcoin Discord username, Twitter account.
  • Specializations: Select from one or more of the following specializations and describe your experience.
    • Marketing, Education
    • Data
    • Marketplace, Ecosystem, Communication and Information
    • Production Coordination

Council Nomination Application: Provide responses to the following questions:

• Introduction
    • How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community
    • What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?
  • Why should you be selected?
    • Why are you running for this position?
    • What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?
    • What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?
    • How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?
    • How will you keep your constituency informed?
    • How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?
1 Like

Candidate Information:

• Preferred Name and Country: William L, France

• Wallet Address: 0x76D28D49F40983b5aF63b1A69892B2107FB87115

• Social Media: Telcoin Discord username @lustwill , Telegram username @lustwill

• Miner Group: Staker and Liquidity Miner

• Specializations: Select from one or more of the following specializations and describe your experience.

I’ve been working as an Air Traffic Controller for more than 15 years, in a place handling over 3500 flights on busy days.
In essence, the job consists in analyzing real time data and taking critical decisions to ensure the safety of users and optimization of traffic flows.
We’re also in charge of the training of our junior colleagues.
All of the above requires a great sense of cooperation and understanding of others’ constraints and difficulties in learning.

Council Nomination Application:

• How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community

Telcoin is the project that made me join crypto back in summer 2021.
I was introduced to crypto by a friend, and was wary at first regarding that “magic Internet money”.
Seeing the potentially global reach of the project and its revolutionary mission made me jump in and find out as much as I could about Telcoin, and crypto overall.
I really believe Telcoin will disrupt the crypto industry, but most of all it will completely reshape the way we interact with our money, finally taking back the power from traditional finance over our everyday lives.

• What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?

As soon as the Polygon pools opened in summer 21 I jumped in, not knowing at all what I was doing at the time. I learned all about it on the go, and quickly became an admin in the TELx Pool Tips dedicated telegram chat. I spent much of my time helping other community members navigate through the TELx ecosytem.
For the last two and a half years, I’ve been in and out of the TELx pools and have enjoyed great returns on my investment.
I also have the remaining of my TEL tokens staked in app and have started to spread the word around IRL to get referrees. Not much luck there, but I believe the crypto world will soon begin to attract the attention of my normie friends, and I’ll make sure they know about the Telcoin App when they’re ready to dive in.

• Why should you be selected?

I believe I have a pretty good understanding of how the pools function, including the so much dreaded Impermanent Loss, which is far less terrible than what people think once you understand how it works.
I also have a strong sense of fairness and justice, which I’m sure can benefit the community overall.
I love numbers, and most of all I find great joy in finding the shortcomings of a system, and obviously also suggesting ways to improve it.
For instance, shortly after I joined the TEL/wETH pool on Quickswap I realized that the Liquidity Providers in that particular pool weren’t getting the amount of incentives they were supposed to. As a result, with the help of Andrew and the comprehension of Parker, participants of that pool were airdropped a massive amount of TEL, matching up the rewards displayed on the TELx website.
I did not personnally benefit from it because I had only joined the pool for 24 hours prior to spotting the error, but felt immense content for the ones that got what they deserved.

• Why are you running for this position?

The Telcoin Association is a unique and revolutionary way of empowering the project’s community, and I would be honored if I could humbly contribute wherever I can.
After giving it a thought, running for a position shortly became a no-brainer for me.

• What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?

I have no other particular skills than what I’ve written above, but I have the community’s best interests at heart and am willing to put in the work so that everything runs as smoothly and fairly as possible for everyone.
I am open to discussion, I don’t hesitate to review my position in front of a solid argumentation, but I will strongly advocate for my opinion if I have the logic on my side.
Also, as a French native, I can connect with a part of the community who may encounter difficulties with the English language.

• What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?

The first thing I’d love to see implemented on TELx would be the breakdown of Liquidity Providers’ holdings in the pools, i.e the exact number of the different tokens their LP Tokens represent at any time.
I believe it would be an amazing way for people to track their positions and decide when it’s time to withdraw because of Impermanent Loss, for example.

• How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?

Again, as stated earlier, I will always make sure that everyone’s interests are being taken into account, including the Stakers miner group who I aim to represent.

• How will you keep your constituency informed?

I’ll keep my constituency informed by posting updates here on the forum, on Telcoin’s discord, and will always be available on Telegram in the Telx Pool Tips channel or in DM.

• How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?

Whatever time is necessary. I’m fortunate enough to have a job that gives me enough free time to fulfill the duties of a council member.

4 Likes