TELx Council Election 1: Liquidity Miners

Preferred Name and Country: Ty Akemi - New Zealand
Wallet Address: 0x5490f0c24a452dFB62Bb8414A3E7aeAc1ecd19C9
Social Media: Tyakemi
Miner Group: Liquidity Miner
Specializations:

• Marketing, Education
    I ran my own software company in the UK for 13 yrs and marketed, supported and trained over 200 clients in the use of financial & hotel management software.
  • Data
  • Designed, developed and implemented a suite of financial & back office modules (GL,AR,AP, manifest, container tracking and share register) for an international shipping company based in Bermuda, New York and Florida
  • Developed my own suite of FX trading bots running on the MT4 platform, analyzing the TA indicators to enter and exit trades
  • Marketplace, Ecosystem, Communication and Information
  • expansive business-to-business experience across a wide range of applications and international market sectors (in UK, USA, Bermuda, Australia & New Zealand) including IT services, financial, insurance, forest products & building supplies, hospitality, TV media & healthcare
  • Production Coordination
  • Supported the IT production control systems responsible for SCADA which ran the BP/Sohio North Slope oil fields in Alaska

Council Nomination Application:
Introduction

• How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community
  • I’ve been involved in crypto since July 2017 and was recommended Telcoin through a TG channel – did some research – liked what I discovered, the core use case made sense & I bought my first Tel through Kucoin in May 2018. Rode through the slump when Claude left and especially over last few years have become more and more convinced in the values and objectives of the team and project as a whole.
  • I truly believe Defi will become the norm and empower people towards change, and that the Telx platform will evolve to provide a world class, Centre of Excellence in the Defi space. Globally and gradually over time, people will transact differently and I believe Telcoin will be leading that change. I am excited to be part of this change at such a fundamental level.

What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?

• In and out of various Telx pools providing liquidity from the start. I stake through the app and have a small number of referrers. Been accumulating Tel since 2018 – so long term hodler - and active participant in the TG (sometimes Discord) groups. Have made a few suggestions through support highlighting some issues and been using the app since Nov 2019 when it was first available in NZ.
  • Voted in the TGIP1 proposal and regularly attend the spaces group chats

Why should you be selected?

• Why are you running for this position?
  • I am a long term supporter of Telcoin and now that I am retired have the time, energy and skill sets to help Telcoin achieve its mission goals. I fully agree with the Association’s values and objectives and would relish the opportunity to be involved.
  • What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?
  • I bring a certain perspective and maturity to the role & I also provide Liquidity to other platforms so have a broad knowledge of how other blockchains do things. Throughout my 40yr IT career I have developed the following skillsets which I feel will be of great value in evolution of Telx, Telcoin platform and the overall Association
  • highly-skilled in program/project management and governance, business case development, business analysis and systems design, software development, relationship building and excellent people manager/motivator

• strong SDLC, QA, PMO, Risk Management and Change Management/Facilitating Change skill-sets

• have managed multiple concurrent projects for both software service/systems providers and client vendor management including several commercially sensitive projects reporting at board level or directly to executive lead team

• high level of analytical, strategic, innovative and lateral thinking ability – can handle specific detail without losing sight of big picture, exhibits strong can-do attitude

• good working knowledge of Contract Law, proficient in drafting contracts - firm but pragmatic negotiator, good vendor management skill sets

• BSc Hons Degree in Computational Science, St Andrew University, Scotland(1978); Certificate in Basic Accounting and Computer Audit Retrieval ; MS PM Certified, Managing ERP AX Implementations:

• What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?

• I’d like to create some sort of focus group chats/meetings since the overall Tel platform and its’ objectives are far and wide ranging. In the same way as one size does not fit all then I think the creation of specific focus group topics would be beneficial
  • I’d also like to develop cross chain participation to encourage other coin / project groups to participate in providing liquidity to Telx
  • I’d also like to reinstate a simple way of receiving Tel & DFX rewards since current method through Aura (and potentially Hidden Hand) is way too cumbersome for most people.
  • How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?
  • Strong participation in council meetings. My experience has shown I can grasp complex issues but also break things down to explain in a manner that most people can understand.
  • How will you keep your constituency informed?
  • Regular comms through TG, discord and X and through other platforms as required
  • How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?
  • I’m retired !.. so as much as is required
4 Likes