Platform Council Election 1: Validators

Apply Now

Submit the following candidate information and application to be considered for a Platform Council position by Validators in the next election.

Candidate Information

• Preferred Name and Country: Preferred name and location.
  • Wallet Address: Wallet address to be used in Council member voting.
    • Note: By submitting your wallet address you are sharing the ownership and transaction history for the entire world to see and associate with you. Only submit an address you are comfortable sharing publicly.
  • Social Media: Telcoin Discord username, Twitter account
  • Specializations: Please select one or more specializations below and describe your experience.
    • Production coordination or blockchain infrastructure development

Council Nomination Application: Provide responses to the following questions:

• Introduction
    • How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community
    • What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?
  • Why should you be selected?
    • Why are you running for this position?
    • What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?
    • What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?
    • How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?
    • How will you keep your constituency informed?
    • How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?

Candidate Information

• Preferred Name and Country: Preferred name and location
    • Steven Stanfield/United States
  • Wallet Address: Wallet address to be used in Council member voting.
    • 0x9F35A76bE2a3A84FF0c0A6365CD3C5CeB3a7FD97
  • Social Media: Telcoin Discord username, Twitter account
    • uplandix: Discord
  • Specializations: Please select one or more specializations below and describe your experience.
    • Rust developer, L1 blockchain developer.

Council Nomination Application: Provide responses to the following questions.

• Introduction
    • How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community
      • I found out about Telcoin via my career path. I am excited to be part of a new blockchain initiative that I feel has a real future.
    • What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?
      • I am currently employed as a protocol engineer working on Telcoin Network.
  • Why should you be selected?
    • Why are you running for this position?
      • As a current protocol engineer, I have a unique perspective on design and implementation of Telcoin Network. As a recent team member, I am expanding my involvement with Telcoin Network and other products as a user as well as a developer.
    • What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?
      • As a professional developer with a long career spanning many technologies, I bring a wealth of general technical knowledge.
        More recently having worked on another L1 blockchain prior to Telcoin (Polysign), I am well versed in the underlying blockchain technology.
    • What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?
      • My focus will be on the low level L1 blockchain implementation. Building a solid and secure foundation for Telcoin Network is my goal.
    • How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?
      • As a current protocol engineer on Telcoin Network, I can act as a direct voice on the protocol development team. I will also have insight into a proposal’s technical feasibility and effort level and can provide guidance in those areas.
    • How will you keep your constituency informed?
      • Primarily via feedback during the TIP process and will participate via Discord.
    • How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?
      • Around 8 hours a week as duties demand. I expect this to be interleaved with my professional duties for the Telcoin Association.
3 Likes

Platform Council Nomination: Parker Spann

Candidate Information

• Preferred Name and Country: Parker Spann, USA
  • Wallet Address: 0x9246B2C653015e28087b63dB3B9A7afE4c6eb408
  • Social Media:
  • Miner Group: Validators
  • Miner Council: Platform Council

Specializations: Production Coordination & Institutional Development

Production Coordination

As a key architect of the Telcoin Platform, I helped design its technological, economic, and governance models, working closely with legal and technical teams, including solidity and protocol engineers. My role as Executive Director of the Telcoin Autonomous Ops (TAO) has involved deep collaboration with technical teams to ensure the platform’s seamless integration with the telecommunications sector.

Institutional Development

In collaboration with colleagues, I led the design and development of the Telcoin Platform and its governance system. This includes crafting the Association Constitution, creating the Association website and content, drafting the TGIP-1 proposal, and overseeing its successful implementation into a live, self-organized, and legally-credible global blockchain network and governance institution. My extensive research into communal governance institutions in the traditional world of goods and services, combined with my experience in applying these principles to Telcoin, uniquely positions me to guide our community toward a resilient and sustainable future.

About Me

Q: How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the community?

As the creator of the Telcoin Platform and its governance system, my journey with Telcoin has been one of passion and dedication. I am excited to move from the role of architect to that of an active participant within the community. This transition reflects my commitment to continue stewarding the platform as a fellow community member who deeply believes in our collective vision for a global blockchain financial system.

Q: What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?

My experience with the Telcoin Platform is comprehensive, having been involved from its inception. I have worked not only on the technical aspects of the platform but also on the governance and organizational frameworks underlying its sustainable operation. This involvement has provided me with a unique understanding of both the technical and communal aspects of the ecosystem, making me well-equipped to contribute as a Council Member.

Q: Why should you be selected?

I am committed to maintaining the sustainability of our ecosystem and ensuring that it continues to serve the needs of all stakeholders, both current and future. My deep involvement in the creation of the Telcoin Platform and its governance structures equips me with a profound understanding of the system’s complexities, the challenges our community will face in collective decision-making, and the strategic tools needed to overcome them.

Q: Why are you running for this position?

I am running for a position on the Platform Council because I believe in the importance of experienced leadership during this critical phase of our platform’s evolution. As someone who has been involved in the foundational stages of the Telcoin Platform, I have a vested interest in ensuring that the governance structures we have put in place continue to evolve in ways that are aligned with our community’s needs and aspirations. My goal is to facilitate a smooth transition of authority to the Miner Councils while continuing to guide the platform’s strategic direction.

Q: What unique skills, experiences, and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?

My background as the creator of the Telcoin Platform model gives me a unique perspective that I believe is essential for the Platform Council. I bring extensive experience in both the technical development of the platform and the creation of its governance rules and structures. This combination of skills enables me to contribute effectively to decision-making processes and to advocate for policies that will benefit the entire community.

Q: How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?

I will ensure that the interests of Validators and all stakeholders are central to decision-making. Although Validators currently lack a formal voice in governance due to the platform’s ongoing development, they are crucial to the security and adoption of both the Telcoin Platform and the Association’s vision. As a Validator representative, I am committed to protecting their future rights and ensuring their interests are well-represented. I will advocate for transparency and inclusivity, ensuring every community voice is heard and that decisions benefit the entire ecosystem. My approach will carefully balance individual stakeholder needs with the overall health and sustainability of the Telcoin Platform.

4 Likes