Council Nominations: Instructions

Telcoin: Council Member Nomination Guide

The very first Telcoin elections are almost upon us! These are a major milestone in Telcoin’s journey, and symbolise an incredible opportunity for members of the Telcoin community to play an active role in maintaining and developing the Telcoin ecosystem. The following is a guide on nominating yourself to run for a council position.

Election Process

The elections will follow a simple sequential process:

1. December 28th, 2023 - September 3rd, 2024: Nominee application submission. Each community member wishing to run for a position representing their chosen miner group within a chosen council submits an application on the Telcoin forum. This step is described in detail below.
  2. September 4th - September 11th: Voting. Community members will vote for candidates using Snapshot. Voters can change their votes during this time, but all votes are final when the voting period ends.
  3. September 11th at 4:00 PM: Results. Voting will close and results will be immediately available.
  4. September 11th - October 10th: Council ID Verification. Nominated applicants will be required to complete KYC.

The current priority for Telcoin community members is the nomination application submission. The following guide is designed to aid people in submitting their applications. We invite all Telcoin community members to submit an application.

Nomination Instructions

1. Familiarise yourself with the Miner Groups, considering which group you most fit into, and Miner Councils, including their roles and responsibilities.

2. Decide, based on your attributes, skills, experience and interests, which miner group you would most like to represent and which council you would like to join.

• Note: The number of members shows the open positions for the specific Miner Group on the corresponding Miner Council.
  3. Find your specific forum from the links in the table below, clicking the link at the intersection between your preferred miner group and preferred council.

• For example, liquidity miners interested in running for the TELx Council should select “3 Members” in the table below.
Miner Group TAN Council TELx Council Platform Council Treasury Council Compliance Council
Stakers 2 Members 1 Member 2 Members 1 Member 1 Member
Liquidity Miners 1 Member 3 Members 2 Members 1 Member 1 Member
Developers 2 Members 1 Member 2 Members 1 Member 1 Member
Validators 1 Member 1 Member 2 Members 1 Member 1 Member
  1. Once in the correct forum, read the top post in the forum, which will be a post similar to the one below.

1. To submit an application, click the ‘Reply’ button in the bottom right of the post (highlighted in red in the screenshot). This will open a text box to input answers to the above questions. Candidate information must be fully filled out, while the questions in the council nomination application are just intended to serve as a guide.
  2. Once happy with your application, click ‘Reply’ (highlighted in red in the screenshot):

1. Congratulations on your application!
  2. Double check your post has appeared at the bottom of the forum and check back periodically to see if there have been any updates on your application.
  3. As always, if you have any issues with any of the steps outlined here, please contact us via Discord!

Application for Liquidity Miners - Platform Council

Name and Country:
Mehdi
Morocco

Wallet Address:
0xB8c5C5c27B544A20d315b4bF4E764A634b60387C

X (formerly Twitter) Username:
Mehdii_Invest

Discord Username:
Mehdi_Invest

Introduction and Specialization:
My name is Mehdi, and I am a passionate blockchain enthusiast with a specialization in liquidity mining and platform governance. Over the past six years, I have honed my skills in innovation management as a consulting engineer with one of the leading consulting firms in France. My professional journey has equipped me with a deep understanding of the financial and technological landscapes, which I have been able to apply effectively within the blockchain sector since 2020.

Experience with Telcoin:
I first encountered Telcoin in 2020, and since then, I have been an ardent supporter of the project. Recognizing its potential to revolutionize the financial industry, I became a Telcoin holder, liquidity miner, and staker in 2021. My commitment to the Telcoin ecosystem is driven by my belief in its mission and my desire to contribute to its growth and success.

Public Presence and Influence:
In addition to my technical expertise, I am also a public speaker and an influencer within the financial and blockchain communities. With over 10,000 followers on Instagram (IG: Mehdii.invest), I actively engage with my audience, sharing insights and advocating for the adoption of blockchain technologies. My influence and communication skills would be valuable in promoting and educating others about Telcoin’s initiatives.

Motivation for Joining the Platform Council:
I am excited about the opportunity to serve on the Platform Council as a Liquidity Miner. Telcoin represents a groundbreaking project with the potential to reshape financial services globally. I am eager to contribute my experience, skills, and passion to help steer the platform towards greater innovation and success. My goal is to be more involved in the decision-making processes that will shape the future of Telcoin and ensure its continued growth and impact. I am willing to put as much as 4 hours a week or more towards gearing this project with this amazing community.