Treasury Council Election 1: Developers

Apply Now

Submit the following candidate information and application to be considered for a Treasury Council position by Developers in the next election.

Candidate Information

• Preferred Name and Country: Preferred name and location
  • Wallet Address: Wallet address to be used in Council member voting.
    • Note: By submitting your wallet address you are sharing the ownership and transaction history for the entire world to see and associate with you. Only submit an address you are comfortable sharing publicly.
  • Social Media: Telcoin Discord username, Twitter account
  • Specializations: Please select one or more specializations below and describe your experience.
    • Data
    • Distribution
    • Financing
    • Storage

Council Nomination Application: Provide responses to the following questions.

• Introduction
    • How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community
    • What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?
  • Why should you be selected?
    • Why are you running for this position?
    • What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?
    • What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?
    • How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?
    • How will you keep your constituency informed?
    • How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?
1 Like

I’m withdrawing my application and applying for the Treasury Council’s Validator Seat

2 Likes

Candidate Information

Preferred Name and Country:

Markus Osterlund, USA

Wallet Address:

0xFFFFfFfFA2eC6F66a22017a0Deb0191e5F8cBc35

Social Media:

Telcoin Discord: { Display Name: đź“Żđź“Żđź“Ż.eth, Username: robriks }

Twitter: @marsterlund

Specializations:

Smart Contracts

Onchain Operations (ie securely managing funds and protocols)

Software Engineering

Technical Writing

Council Nomination Application Responses:

Introduction

My foray into the crypto sphere began in early 2017, drawn by the idealogical vision for a new fair and inclusive financial system powered by blockchain technology. When I understood the magnitude of Satoshi’s invention which enabled digital property rights, I realized the potential for an internet economy which treats all participants equally and offers equitable access to a financial system both unburdened by antiquated 3rd-party middlemen and unlocked by the sovereignty of private key self-custody. Today, blockchain technology has reached a tipping point in technical capability and in public perception to the point where billions of people around the world face no bigger barrier of entry than a simple smartphone to access financial services that were previously inaccessible.

Experience with Telcoin

I currently work for the Telcoin Association, serving as Smart Contract Engineer and working to build the awesome onchain offerings of the Telcoin Network. My experience writing Solidity code for onchain governance platforms such as NounsDAO brings a deep understanding of the technical and social processes that are required for a community like Telcoin to enjoy healthy, sustainable governance.

Why Should You Be Selected?

Having been a user of many crypto products over the years and having built extensive technical skills through that time, I have developed familiarity with all layers of the stack, including the social layer. Spanning multiple communities in the space, I have participated in numerous capacities: as end-user, educational content creator, node operator, application developer, and smart contract engineer. I am excited to leverage the perspectives afforded to me by this extensive background to the benefit of the Telcoin community.

Why Are You Running for This Position?

The responsibilities of the Treasury Council’s developer position uniquely suit my strengths and skillset, which I believe will enable me to make a beneficial impact on the Telcoin roadmap and execution thereof. My familiarity with nodes, validating and mining on various major blockchains, means I will be well-suited to work with validators and miners in the Telcoin ecosystem. Further, Telcoin’s values and product closely align with the ideological roots that drew me to this space and I intend to help move it forward so we can together improve financial inclusivity across the globe.

What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?

As a Telcoin Network smart contract engineer, my deep understanding of the nuts and bolts that are directly user-facing provide an immutable link between my technical implementations and the community members who use Telcoin products. This link ensures proposals and decisions that I make will always maintain a big-picture approach that emphasizes the community and end users.

I also have experience with technical writing spanning audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding, taking great care to efficiently distill complex concepts to relatable abstractions which can be understood by any reader. I view this as an instrumental skill for attracting developer talent which in turn leads to narrative mindshare which kickstarts a flywheel effect providing tailwinds that lift the Telcoin ecosystem to new heights.

What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?

Part of my responsibility to the community as the Developer Representative on the Treasury Council would include determining and enforcing how TEL is harvested by the network. I plan to conduct extensive research and solicit thoughtful feedback from other councilmembers and community members who want to contribute to aligning Telcoin’s economic incentives via validating and staking. Since Telcoin Network is still pre-launch, there is a huge opportunity for shaping the protocol’s tokenomics in ways that lead to sustainable growth of the protocol and the community.

While working on bridging the existing $TEL token to Telcoin-Network mainnet on launch, I am developing plans for Telcoin’s staking infrastructure. I aim to propose initiatives that align economic incentives for all protocol participants, such as ensuring network liveness by compensating validators, accruing value to the network’s native token through execution-layer utility, growing funding for continued development through the network’s fee collection, and building awesome decentralized applications for users.

How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?

Active engagement with the developer miner group is key to addressing any potential concerns and advocating for their needs. I am an avid listener and quick writer which in combination with my experience operating nodes and blockchain development ensures that miners will always be able to efficiently communicate their viewpoints to the council through me.

How will you keep your constituency informed?

I am a fan of clear written communication which serves both as efficient transfer of information as well as documentation which is searchable and can be referenced to speed up progress by providing context horizontally across the wider community. As such, I am always readily available on Telegram and Slack to the constituency as well as plan to post regular updates on the Telcoin forum to maintain council transparency. In addition, I will prioritize the relevant GitHub venues for developers and miners who wish to take the hands-on approach of contributing via open issues and active pull requests. These avenues are ideal in order to span the technical and non-technical aspects of the position.

How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?

Successes and hurdles along the Telcoin roadmap will be the main driving factor for the amount of time required to perform the duties of the role- for example the launch of Telcoin Mainnet is sure to require a significant amount of time navigating the different entities involved, and so will the launch of Telcoin staking. I am prepared to dedicate as much time as is required of me to fulfill the responsibilities associated with the Treasury Council position. I pledge to manage my time efficiently and work as quickly as is possible while maintaining the absolute security which is required for governance procedures and onchain operations. On average, I expect the responsibilities of the Treasury Council to occupy roughly 10 hours per week, in the ballpark of 1.25 hour per day which allows plenty of time for meetings, research, written communication, and implementation of council proposals.

Summary

I am proud to be building the Telcoin Platform alongside the brilliant folks at Telcoin and would be honored to be selected to serve the community as councilmember.

2 Likes