Platform Council Election 1: Developers

Candidate Information

• Preferred Name and Country: Preferred name and location
    • Amir Shirif (Senior Blockchain Engineer at Telcoin), United States
  • Wallet Address: Wallet address to be used in Council member voting.
    • 0x146a842b783EDCf3A91aCF51a4eE9a0FB66deB31
  • Social Media: Telcoin Discord username, Twitter account
    • Amshirif: Discord
  • Specializations: Please select one or more specializations below and describe your experience.
  • Data and Information (Smart contract development, Web3 Golang applications)

Council Nomination Application: Provide responses to the following questions.

• Introduction
    • How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community?
      • Discovering Telcoin through my professional journey, I’ve been an integral part of the team for approximately three years. My excitement for Telcoin stems from its potential to revolutionize crypto services and its commitment to inclusivity in financial services.
    • What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?
      • As a Telcoin employee, I am not just a passive observer but an active user and contributor. I’ve engaged with various TELx liquidity pools and participated in the first official vote on Snapshot. This hands-on involvement has given me a comprehensive understanding of our user needs and ecosystem dynamics. I plan to continue my participation as Telcoin continues to roll out more services
  • Why should you be selected?
    • Why are you running for this position?
      • My candidacy is driven by a desire to leverage my insider’s perspective and technical expertise to benefit the wider Telcoin community. With a deep understanding of our blockchain infrastructure and smart contracts, I aim to guide the protocol towards innovative, user-centric solutions.
    • What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?
      • My direct involvement in developing Telcoin’s smart contracts positions me uniquely to foresee and navigate the technical and strategic challenges ahead. This role on the council would enable me to provide immediate insights and facilitate seamless integration of new features and improvements.
    • What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?
      • As a council member, my key initiative will be to harness the potential of smart contracts to revolutionize the Telcoin ecosystem. This will involve optimizing existing contracts for enhanced efficiency and security, and introducing new, user-centric financial services such as decentralized savings and insurance products. I intend to automate governance processes through smart contract-based solutions, ensuring transparent and efficient community participation. Furthermore, I aim to facilitate integrations with other DeFi platforms, broadening our service offerings and interoperability. A strong emphasis will be placed on user accessibility and education, ensuring our community is well-equipped to engage with these advancements. Additionally, regular smart contract audits will be a cornerstone of my approach, maintaining the highest standards of security and compliance, thereby solidifying Telcoin’s position as a forward-thinking leader in the DeFi space.
    • How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?
      • As the platform council developer chair, my approach to representing the miner group will be grounded in active engagement and transparent communication. I plan to monitor forums where miners voice their concerns and suggestions, ensuring their perspectives are integral to our decision-making process. By leveraging data analytics and feedback mechanisms, I will stay attuned to the miners’ needs and priorities, ensuring their interests are not only voiced but also actively addressed. Additionally, I will advocate for smart contract enhancements that directly benefit the miner community, such as optimizing rewards distribution and enhancing transaction efficiency. My role will also involve educating miners about upcoming changes and their potential impact, maintaining a clear and consistent dialogue. This participatory approach aims to build a more inclusive and responsive governance structure, where every miner’s voice is heard and valued, and their interests are robustly protected and promoted within the Telcoin ecosystem.
    • How will you keep your constituency informed?
      • Active engagement on Discord and other social platforms will be my primary channel for communication. Being part of the Telcoin team, I can provide prompt updates and insights, bridging the gap between internal developments and community interests.
    • How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?
      • I am dedicated to contributing around 10 hours weekly, balancing this role with my responsibilities within the Telcoin team.
4 Likes