TAN Council Election 1: Developers

Apply Now

Submit the following candidate information and application to be considered for a TAN Council position by Developers in the next election.

Candidate Information

• Preferred Name and Country: Preferred name and location.
  • Wallet Address: Wallet address to be used in Council member voting.
    • Note: By submitting your wallet address you are sharing the ownership and transaction history for the entire world to see and associate with you. Only submit an address you are comfortable sharing publicly.
  • Social Media: Telcoin Discord username, Twitter account
  • Specializations: Please select one or more specializations below and describe your experience.
    • Marketing and Education
    • Incentives, Data
    • Communication
    • Production Coordination

Council Nomination Application: Provide responses to the following questions.

• Introduction
    • How did you find out about Telcoin and why are you excited about being a part of the Telcoin community
    • What experience do you have in interacting with the Telcoin Platform as a user, miner, and/or overall ecosystem participant?
  • Why should you be selected?
    • Why are you running for this position?
    • What unique skills, experiences and credentials do you bring to the role that will assist you in fulfilling your regular and special duties?
    • What changes and improvements do you plan to propose?
    • How will you represent your miner group in decision-making processes to ensure their interests are being voiced and protected?
    • How will you keep your constituency informed?
    • How much time can you dedicate to the role each week?

Preferred Name and Country:

• Leo Pashov, UK

Wallet Address:

• 0x20422E99303E9Fc438f1ce733E97E780a9877851

Social Media:

• Telcoin Discord: @itsurboy

Specializations:

• Incentives, Data

Introduction

I found out about Telcoin last year after being approached to build internal tooling for a proof of concept. Since then, I have grown increasingly interested in Telcoin’s vision, and see immense potential in it. I particularly like Telcoin’s use of existing networks and their approach to governance, which I believe set a strong foundation to support a durable and holistic financial blockchain system.

Experience with Telcoin

Through contracting at Telcoin, I have been exposed to a number of different functions within the company. These range from operations, to aiding in the development of the Telcoin Network, where I am assisting in bridging the native token and staking solutions. I have been aware of Telcoin since 2020, as I have been involved in DeFi for quite some time.

Why should you be selected?

I believe that my technical understanding of Telcoin’s systems, coupled with my broad experience in DeFi applications, makes me well suited for this position. I see this as a major opportunity to have an impact on the protocol and build something myself and Telcoin’s users can be proud of.

Why are you running for this position?

I am running for this position because I would like to actively contribute to Telcoin’s continued success. I believe Telcoin is perfectly positioned to play a major role in the financial inclusion and stability of its users, enabling users to garner more control over their financial freedom. The decisions made by the TAN council will be instrumental in realising this potential. This role excites me on both a task specific level – I believe many of the challenges facing Telcoin will be interesting problems to solve – and also on a personal development level – as I see this to be a real opportunity to contribute my experience and expertise to a major global project. I see this role as one in which I can fully utilise my unique skillset to the advantage of Telcoin, its community, and its users.

Unique skills and experiences

I view the flow of TEL throughout the Telcoin Application Network as a complex system with numerous relationships and stakeholders, which should ideally tend towards a steady state. My Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering trained me extensively in the modelling and design of systems, and I relish the opportunity to apply these skills to create a sustainable crypto-economic infrastructure. I believe in data driven decision making, and much of my time spent as an investor and builder in the crypto space has focussed on collecting, presenting and drawing conclusions from data. My time spent recently working alongside Telcoin’s lead protocol engineer has provided me with greater insight into the inner working of Telcoin and the Telcoin Network, giving me a greater sense of the types of constraints we may have when considering issuance and TEL flows. Finally, my four years of experience investing in DeFi protocols and being a community member of many DAOs has afforded me the perspective of a token holder. I am aware of many of the potential pitfalls when introducing new policies, and aim to avoid these wherever possible.

Proposed changes and improvements

I view the regulation of the flow of TEL throughout TAN as a crucial component of Telcoin’s success. It is essential that the system be well designed. That is, it should continue to work and maintain stability under all financial conditions. This will involve accurate modelling of behaviours and interactions, attention to assumptions made and continuous improvement via iteration. Another important aspect is that the system’s design must be understood by the community, as this will allow for a greater rate of network growth. I believe this can be achieved through radical transparency and excellent communication, both during design and implementation stages. To make this process efficient I plan to prioritise the building of tools which will help us monitor the health of the system and see the tangible effects that changes in policy have. Having this information easily accessible will also foster more engagement from the community, allowing for greater alignment amongst all stakeholders.

Representation of miner group interests

My proposed improvements centre around nurturing transparency and inclusion in the decision-making process. This will be supported with active engagement within the community. I believe this will encourage miner involvement and ensure greater alignment among the community. I see this as an opportunity to bring the maximum number of opinions to the decision table and ultimately improve on existing DAO mechanics.

Keeping constituency informed

I will maintain an open line of communication with my constituency via the Telcoin forum, Discord and Telegram. I will regularly provide updates to community members on these channels.

Time dedication

As an outcome oriented individual I am ready to invest all necessary time to fulfill my duties on the TAN Council.

4 Likes